August 28, 2012

Ode to "That's what she said"

As you may tell from the title of this entry, "The Office" and Michael Scott became a member of our immediate family over the last several years. At first blush, I couldn't be in the same room when Todd would watch it. The sheer enormity and frequency of the awkward moments celebrated in a business environment was too much for me. Possibly, I thought I was too sophisticated for such baboonery... Well, I was wrong. Yes, I will admit, just this once. I was so very wrong.  I LOVED every episode in which Michael Scott, aka Steve Carell, shared his misleadership skills with his fellow Dunder Mifflinites.

There wasn't an episode that went by in which we weren't anticipating a dozen "That's What She Said" moments. "It squeaks when you bang it." is a favorite of mine, but don't let me stop you from enjoying it on your own. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPImySGLcc

So, how does this old joke have such a profound place in my life? Those four little words could just be the most commonly spoken words I say, not only at home, but at the office. Those four words are responsible for what equates to hours of giggles, guffaws and grins. I think, it's better than a cup of coffee in the afternoon, or a Snickers bar for a quick "pick me up". It makes my day go by faster, brings camaraderie and friendship to the work place. Naturally, I don't hog the limelight; we take turns channelling our inner Michael Scott.

Michael Scott may have left Scranton and "The Office" may be on its last season; but when it comes to all-time favorite zingers... "That's what she said" can't be beat.

"That's what she said."

No comments:

Post a Comment